It is time to delve into the debate of gravity bongs versus a beaker bong. This is going to be a battle of styles, a clash of preferences, perhaps even a tale of two tokes.
Maybe grab your favorite strain, sit back, and prepare for a wholesome time full of laughter, conversation, and a whole lot of good vibes.
Think about it. You're lounging with your 4:20 gang, contemplating over your next smoke session. The question arises, what vessel shall we use to amplify the majesty of this experience?
Should you choose to go with the classic gravity bong, known for its raw power and mind-bending potential? Or is the elegant beaker bong, with its smooth hits and artistic allure, calling your name? Decisions, decisions! Phew.
What are Gravity bongs?
What is a Gravity bong, you ask? Well, just another awesome bong piece that you should add to your life.
As the name implies, a Gravity bong is a smoking device that uses gravity to draw smoke through a water pipe and eventually into the lungs of the user. Truth be told, the most common type of gravity bongs are the ones that are homemade. Yep, that's a plus point we will discuss later.
What is a Beaker Bong?
A Glass beaker bong is a straight neck beautiful piece that uses water to cool and filter the smoke. Beaker bongs are typically made from super thick glass and have a wider base than other types of bongs.
This glass thickness allows them to hold more water, which results in cooler, smoother hits.
Its size can vary anywhere from 5 to 12 inch. Oh, and it also comes with an ice pinch or an ice catcher.
To use a beaker bong, one has to fill the base with water and then add cannabis to the bowl. Next, you place your mouth over the opening at the top of the bong and light your cannabis. As you inhale, smoke passes through the water and eventually gets you high.
Pros and Cons of Gravity bongs
Oh, the gravity bong, what an invention! As the wild child of the smoking universe you must be dying to know more about this beautiful piece. Alright, so let's get into it then.
We know you're seeking an out-of-this-world high, and that is why the gravity bong is your trusty sidekick. It's like the Incredible Hulk of smoking devices, capable of delivering massive hits that can launch you to the stars in a single breath. If you purchase it directly from a store, it is usually made of quality borosilicate glass thickness which gives you smoother hits.
Your Frugal Friend
Another advantage of gravity bongs is that they are relatively easy to make at home with materials that are readily available. Household accessories are just enough for this one. All you need is a bottle, some water, and something to use as a bowl.
Gravity bongs can also be made from recycled materials, which makes them very eco-friendly. Recycling at its finest!
We know just how much you love getting the most out of our stash, right?
Well, the gravity bong is your loyal partner in terms of conserving your precious herb. Its efficient smoke delivery system makes it possible that no valuable vapor goes to waste, giving you more bang for your bud, so to speak.
Cons of Gravity bongs
With pros come cons too. As much as Gravity bongs provide the supreme smoking experience to its user, it also has their own flaws, not many though.
So, remember that DIY aspect we mentioned earlier?
Well, it can sometimes feel like you're on a science project rather than a casual smoking session. Making a gravity bong can require some high skills and patience.
So, if you're not the handy type, prepare for some potential frustration.
Picture this: you're trying to discreetly enjoy a smoke sesh, and then suddenly, a monstrous contraption looms before you, demanding attention from all who lay eyes upon it.
Yes, the gravity bong's larger size can make it less portable and discreet compared to its sleeker counterparts. So, if stealth is a priority, you might want to reconsider.
Pros and Cons of a glass beaker bong
Before this one gets sold out too, you must learn the basics.
oof, the joy of silky, smooth hits! The thick beaker base is known as the daily driver of a clean and filtered smoking experience. The water chamber and percolators work together to cool down and purify the smoke, which results in a smoother and more enjoyable toke.
If you appreciate aesthetics and love showcasing your smoking accessories, the glass beaker bong will be your pride and joy. This great piece comes in a variety of intricate designs, a lot of colors, and alluring patterns. Consider it a functional work of art that adds a touch of elegance to your smoking sessions.
Unlike their plastic or acrylic counterparts, glass beaker bongs are known for their durability and resilience. With proper care, they can last a LONG time, they can survive countless smoke sessions, and pass through generations.
So, if you're looking for a long-term smoking friend, a glass beaker bong is a great quality for that.
Cons of Glass Beaker bong
Yes, of course quality comes at a cost but if compared to gravity bongs, a beaker bong comes at a high price. If you're on a tight budget, the upfront investment for a high-quality glass beaker bong might give your wallet a bit of a scare. However, it's important to remember that the durability and overall experience offered by the glass can make it a worthwhile investment in the long run.
While glass beaker bongs are known for their durability, they are still more susceptible to breakage than their plastic or acrylic counterparts. One accidental slip can shatter your beloved hand-blown bong into a million tiny shards, leaving you with a heavy heart and a need for a replacement. So, handle it with care and be mindful of the delicate nature of its surface area.
If you're looking for discretion and portability, the glass beaker bong might not be your best bet. Its larger size and more fancy appearance make it less ideal for on-the-go toking or sneaky smoke sessions if you know what we mean!
It's more suited for a relaxed environment where you can proudly display its beauty rather than hide it away.
Tips for Choosing the Right Style of Water Pipe
When exploring the different types of water pipes available, you must keep in mind the various styles that each bong offers. Here are a few tips to help you choose the right style of water pipe as per your needs:
- You should consider what type of smoking experience you are looking for. Are you looking for a smooth hit or something that will give you a bigger buzz?
- Think about how often you will be using your water pipe. If you plan on using it frequently, then something durable like a beaker bong may be a good choice for you.
- And of course, consider your budget when choosing a water pipe. Gravity bongs can be more expensive than other types, but they offer a unique smoking experience. But, at the same time if you make them on your own, it would probably be the cheapest of all.
- Make sure to clean your water pipe regularly regardless of the style you choose. Regular cleaning will help ensure that your smoking experience is always enjoyable.
Tips for making your own Gravity or Beaker Bongs
Accessories needed to make your own homemade gravity bong.
- Plastic bottle (2-liter soda bottle or similar)
- Large plastic container (bucket or basin)
- Aluminum foil or bowl piece
- You must cut off the bottom of the plastic bottle and of course discard it later.
- Now, create a bowl piece by shaping aluminum foil into a small bowl shape, or use a pre-made bowl if available.
- Make a hole in the bottle cap and insert the bowl piece tightly.
- Fill the large plastic container with water, leaving enough space for the bottle to submerge.
- Screw the cap with the bowl piece onto the bottle.
- Light the bowl and slowly pull the bottle up towards yourself, allowing it to fill with smoke.
- Unscrew the cap, place your mouth on the mouthpiece, and push the bottle back into the water while inhaling to force the smoke out. Inhale the smoke as the bottle fills with water.
Materials that are paired together for a beaker bong.
- Glass beaker or similar glass container
- Glass diffused downstem
- Glass bowl
- Rubber grommet or silicone seal
- You must ensure that the glass beaker has a wide, thick and stable beaker base.
- Drill a hole in the beaker base, near the bottom, that matches the size of the glass downstem.
- Now, put the rubber grommet or silicone seal into the drilled hole.
- Next, put the glass downstem into the grommet or seal, ensuring a tight fit.
- Attach the glass bowl piece to the end of the downstem.
- Fill the beaker with enough water to cover the bottom of the downstem but not too high to avoid any spillage.
- Place your cannabis into the bowl. If tobacco use is your preference, you might as well do that.
- Light the bowl and breathe in slowly while holding the beaker tightly.
Cleaning and Maintenance Tips for both Types of Water Pipes
Lets start off with gravity bongs. Cleaning a gravity bong can be relatively easy simply because of its normal construction, often using readily available materials.
- Empty the water from the bottle after each use to prevent the buildup of residue and odors.
- Rinse the bottle and bowl with warm water immediately after each use.
- Use a pipe cleaner or small brush to scrub the bowl piece and remove any debris or residue.
- If necessary, soak the bowl and bottle in isopropyl alcohol for a more thorough cleaning. Rinse with warm water afterward.
Cleaner a beaker bong might require more attention.
- You will have to empty the water from the beaker after each use to prevent stale odors and residue buildup.
- Rinse the beaker, downstem, and bowl with warm water immediately after each use.
- Use a pipe cleaner or small brush to clean the downstem and bowl, ensuring they are free from any debris or residue.
So what conclusion have you arrived on, if any?
Well, after some careful investigation it is clear that both smoking devices have their own merits. So, whatever waterpipe you choose, you are sure to receive a powerful smoke high. Now, if your main goal is to kick back and enjoy some quality time with your pals, engaging in lively conversations over a few bowls, then gravity bongs are your go-to option. You'll be passing the bong around and laughing up a storm in no time.
If on the other hand, you’d like something that provides more control over each draw and can look beautiful at home as well as be discreetly portable then, beaker bongs might better suit your needs.
Ultimately, the decision between a gravity bong and beaker bongs boils down to your personal preferences. Whether you're craving the raw power of a gravity bong or the refined elegance of a beaker bong, this guide has hopefully provided you with the lowdown on these stylish smoking devices.
So, go forth, and may your smoke sessions be filled with laughter, great vibes, and the perfect waterpipe for your toking pleasure.