In this article, we will provide you with some tips on how to clean your dirty bong properly to keep it in good condition for a long time.
The purpose of cleaning a dirty bong is to remove the resin and other substances that have accumulated inside. It is necessary to keep a bong clean because it will affect the taste and quality of the smoke.
Cleaning is not just about making it look shiny and new. It is also about maintaining its function. If you don't clean it properly, it will become clogged with a significant amount of resin and tar, which can make it difficult to draw from. A dirty bong should be cleaned every few days to keep it running smoothly and smelling fresh.
Cleaning is one of the most important things you can do to ensure that your smoking experience is as enjoyable as possible. The purpose of cleaning is to remove the residue that is left behind after smoking. This residue is known as "resin" or "tar. Resin can be found inside the bong, on its exterior, and in the water.
The bong resin left over from smoking can contain heavy metals, carcinogens, and chemical additives. These are all harmful to your health so it’s important to clean your bongs often to avoid any potential health issues.
Cleaning is not just about removing the smell from the bong. It is about removing all the unwanted particles and bacteria from it. If you don't clean your rig, you will be inhaling all of these particles and bacteria every time you use it.
Why do you need to clean your bong?
Whether it is Beaker Bong or a gravity bong, cleaning is important because it prevents the buildup of bacteria and can reduce the risk of infection. It is not just about hygiene, but also about the taste and quality of the smoke that we get from it.
It is not a complicated task. You just need to make sure that you have the right tools and products to do it. Bongs can be cleaned with a variety of methods, but the most common is to use a bong cleaning kit.
One of the best ways is to use a bong cleaning kit. These kits come with everything you need and it only takes minutes to clean your rig. If you don't want to splurge on a kit we have a multitude of other methods to get the job done.
Why You Should Clean Your Bong Regularly
Knowing how to clean a bong is a very important part of taking care of it. If you don't clean it regularly, it can become clogged and develop mold or bacteria. This will not only affect the taste of your smoke but can also lead to bad lung conditions.
There are many reasons why you should clean your bong regularly:
- If you don't clean it, residue from a previous use will accumulate and be difficult to remove.
- You'll need to replace the dirty bong water more often if you don't clean it because the water will absorb all the impurities and turn yellowish-brown in color.
- If there's too much residue in the bong, it can block up the holes that allow air through which makes smoking difficult.
- It prevents the buildup of mold, fungus, and bacteria from standing bong water which can cause health problems.
- It keeps the taste fresh and helps prevent stale hits.
- It removes any unwanted substances that may have been accidentally smoked, such as tobacco or nicotine.
- It will help keep your bong looking nice for years to come by removing any scratches or stains it has accumulated over time from old bong water
- Lastly, it will make smoking more enjoyable by removing any unpleasant smells from previous smoke sessions.
Also, here is a complete guide on how to hit a bong, just in case you need it!
How Often Should You Clean A Bong?
It's not a secret that smoking can be a dirty business. Even if you clean your bong regularly, it will eventually get too dirty to use. It's not uncommon for a bong to be used for weeks or even months without being cleaned.
You should clean your bong at least once a week emptying any bong water to make sure that it's in good condition and you're consuming the healthiest smoke possible.
The frequency that you clean your bong depends on the material that it is made of. For glass bongs, it is best to clean them after every use. Ceramic bongs should be cleaned once a week, while acrylic bongs should be cleaned once a month.
Cleaning a glass bong is not just about the frequency of the cleaning. It is also about how you clean it. There are many ways to clean a bong and it all depends on your personal preference. If you want to get the best results, then you should find what works for you and stick with it.
It is not necessary to clean a glass bong after every use. You should only do it when the water becomes murky.
The easiest way to tell if your bong needs cleaning is whether or not it tastes good when you smoke from it. If the taste is bad, then there is a high chance that it needs cleaning.
How To Clean Glass Bong
- First, you need to remove all the bong water from your bong (You shouldn't do ANYTHING with this old water! Seriously, pour it down the sink).
- Then, pour in a cleaning solution (we will detail cleaning solutions in the following paragraphs) inside and shake it around so that it covers all surfaces.
- Pour out the cleaning solution and rinse it out with warm water (Only use cold water when smoking).
- Next, pour some alcohol(rubbing alcohol or isopropyl alcohol) into your bong. You can also add a little soap if desired.
- Shake the bong a bit and give it a final rinse with some warm water.
- Finally, use a pipe cleaner or bottle brush to scrub away any leftover residue clinging onto the inside of your bong or down inside pipes. Avoid using a large straw brush as this can be abrasive. Over time those scratches and dings could cause your rig to break.
This is a different cleaning process, but one of the most popular ways is by using a dry pipe cleaner or Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol.
The bottle brush should be inserted into the stem and then twisted around while being pulled out.
This will clean resin or other substances that have accumulated inside.
The Q-tip should be dipped in isopropyl alcohol and then used to scrub any residue from the inside walls of the stem.
You should also make sure to clean it after every use. Cleaning your bong and emptying old bong water regularly will help prevent these problems from happening in the first place.
How To Disinfect Your Bongs Using Household Items
We all know how important it is to keep our bongs clean and safe, but sometimes we just don't have the time or the necessary materials to do so. Luckily, there are a few household items that can help us disinfect our bongs.
It is important to clean the surface you are about to clean before applying any cleaning solution. The first step of this process is to rinse the surface with hot water, which will remove any dirt or debris that may impede the effectiveness of the cleaning agent.
Here are some of the most common household items that can be used for this purpose:
Rubbing alcohol (aka isopropyl alcohol) is a great way to kill bacteria in your bong. You can pour the isopropyl alcohol into the bong, and leave it for about 15 minutes before you rinse it off with warm water. If you want you can add coarse salt to this solution as well. This is great for a glass bong or an acrylic bong.
White vinegar has been used as a natural home cleaner for decades. It's non-abrasive, slightly acid, and great for cleaning your bong. It's great for clearing up build-up. This is a popular method.
Salt can be mixed with vinegar or isopropyl alcohol to create a nonabrasive cleaning liquid. Use a coarse salt (kosher). All salt is not created equal...avoid Epsom salt and rock salt for your salt mixture. These contain chemicals that we do not want to be inhaling. Kosher would be the best coarse salt to use. An alcohol and salt mixture is great if you have both readily available
Dish soap is an underrated cleaning product that's not abrasive and does not contain harmful chemicals. Add a bit of coarse salt to cut through the resin. Think about it we use dish soap for things we eat. Make sure to rinse with clean water to remove any extra suds that may be left behind.
I would not consider this the most popular method of creating a solution for cleaning your rig but if you are in a pinch it would suffice. It is probably the least harmful to your lungs which makes it a viable choice. Lemon juice is naturally acidic and could provide some cleaning benefits.
Mixing baking soda with vinegar will create an acidic solution that can kill any bacteria or mold in your bong. Pour the mixture into the water in the bong, and leave it for about 15 minutes.
How do you clean a bong that won't clean?
A Deep Clean is might be necessary, don't worry this is all a part of the cleaning process. Clean out your sink, it's time to do a bong soak.
- The first thing you need to do is fill the bowl with water and add a little bit of dish soap and salt. If you've purchased any special bong cleaners this would be the time to add them.
- The next step is to fill the bong with water and let it soak for a while.
- After that, pour the dirty bong water down the drain and rinse out the bong with fresh warm water.
- If it's really dirty, leave it for a few hours. No need for any boiling water, you'll more than likely damage it. Always take precautions when cleaning glass bongs.
- Finally, use a pipe cleaner or q-tip to remove any leftover residue inside your bong's stem.
- Refill your bong with filtered water or distilled water to prevent scale build-up.
- I would recommend this for any type of glass bong. Not recommended for a silicone bong.
Our 10 Quick Tips on How To Clean A Bong
- Clean your bong after each use
- Use a cleaning solution that is safe for glass
- Let the bong dry before storing it (Use a paper towel to dry)
- Rinse your bong with hot water before using it
- Allow the hot water to cool before adding ice cubes
- Store your bong in a cool, dark place
- Use pipe cleaners or a bottle brush to clean the inside of the tube
- Use cotton swabs to clean hard-to-reach areas of the tube
- Clean out your ash catcher with alcohol or vinegar once a week
- Keep an eye on how much you smoke
All Things Considered
We hope you enjoyed this article on how to clean a bong. Shop our website for the latest and greatest smoking accessories.
Check out our article What Is Delta 8? 5 Health Benefits! We have an extensive guide on hemp wraps that's also worth a read! Need to know how long your high will last? We have a detailed guide with all the details We have the Perfect Guide On How To Inhale While Smoking that great for newbies. Now that you've got that bong clean check out our detailed guide on how to hit your bong for newbies and experts!